oint statement of 63 communist and workers’ parties on the anticommunist resolution of OSCE.
We strongly condemn the adoption on 3 July, 2009 at the regular Parliamentary Assembly session of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) in Vilnius (Lithuania) of a new anti-communist resolution titled «Divided Europe Reunited» which contains a gross distortion of history and denies the role of the Soviet Union in the victory over fascism. The resolution equates communism and fascism. Those who do so fail to remember that it was the Soviet Union that made the largest contribution to the liberation of Europe from fascism. The authors of the resolution -those falsifiers of history- pretend to have forgotten who gave away Czechoslovakia in 1938 in Munich which led to the elimination of the state independence of the country and to the fascist enslavement of the Czech and Slovak peoples.
Those who voted for the adoption of this resolution actually justify and encourage “a witch-hunt” against communists in several countries of the OSCE where communists are persecuted, their youth organisations prohibited and the parties prosecuted for the use of their traditional symbols.
Furthermore, the resolution offers great opportunities for the prosecution of communist ideology and the adoption of measures against communist parties.
At the same time, we witness the actual rehabilitation of the Nazis in a number of countries, including the country that hosted this session of the OSCE PA.
We cannot allow anyone to insult the memory of anti-fascists, participants in the Resistance movement, who lost their lives in the fight against Nazism.
The aggravation of anti-communism in Europe is not a transient phenomenon. It shows the fear of the ruling class over the exacerbation of the capitalist crisis and of the urgency of the demand to abolish capitalist exploitation and the need for fundamental society change acquire.
The working class, all workers, regardless of the extent of agreement or disagreement with the communists, must repulse decisively anti-communism bearers, as history has proven that anti-communist attacks foretell the onset of a general offensive against the social and democratic rights of the people.
Let us reply to the provocateurs and anti-communists through our joint struggle for workers' rights, for socialism.
1. PADS, Algeria
2. Communist Party of Argentina
3. Communist Party of Armenia
4. Communist Party of Bangladesh
5. Communist Party of Belarus
6. Workers' Party of Belgium
7. Communist Party of Brazil
8. Communist Party of Britain
9. New Communist Party of Britain
10. Communist Party of Bulgaria
11. Party of the Bulgarian Communists
12. Communist Party of Canada
13. AKEL, Cyprus
14. Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia
15. Communist Party in Denmark
16. Communist Party of Denmark
17. Communist Party of Finland
18. German Communist Party
19. Communist Party of Greece
20. Hungarian Communist Workers' Party
21. Communist Party of India
22. Communist Party of India [Marxist]
23. Tudeh Party of Iran
24. Communist Party of Ireland
25. The Workers' Party of Ireland
26. Party of the Italian Communists
27. Party of the Communist Refoundation
28. Jordanian Communist Party
29. Socialist Party of Latvia
30. Lebanese Communist Party
31. Socialist Party of Lithuania
32. Communist Party of Luxembourg
33. Party of the Communists of Kirgizia
34. Communist Party of Macedonia
35. AKFM, Madagascar
36. Communist Party of Malta
37. Party of the Communists, Mexico
38. Popular Socialist Party of Mexico
39. New Communist Party of the Netherlands
40. Communist Party of Norway
41. Communist Party of Pakistan
42. Peruan Communist Party
43. Philippine Communist Party -PKP 1930
44. Communist Party of Poland
45. Portuguese Communist Party
46. Romanian Communist Party
47. Communist Party of Soviet Union
48. Communist Party of the Russian Federation
49. Russian Communist Workers' Party – Revolutionary Party of Communists
50. New Communist Party of Yugoslavia
51. Party of the Communists of Serbia
52. Communist Party of Slovakia
53. South African Communist Party
54. Communist Party of the Peoples of Spain
55. Communist Party of Spain
56. Party of the Communists of Catalonia
57. Communist Party of Sri-Lanka
58. Communist Party of Sweden
59. Syrian Communist Party
60. Communist Party of Turkey
61. Communist Party of Ukraine
62. Union of Communists of Ukraine
63. Communist Party of Venezuela
Other parties that also support the joint statement:
§ Pole of Communist Renaissance in France
§ Union do Povo Galego (UPG)
The statement is open for further parties’ endorsement.